Friday, March 23, 2012

Just Do It.

A few weeks ago a very talented crafter 
- soapHOUSE mama over at the Purple Mailbox -
 posted a layout using purple.
 It got me thinking about a discussion once at scrapbook.com
 where purple was decidedly the least scrapped with color.

 Which is odd, because who doesn't like purple?

I looked around my craft disaster area and didn't see anything purple, just some lonely cardstock.

So, I started digging.

Whoa. I DO have purple. LOTS of purple!


Let's find a picture to go with all of this grape goodness.


Yes. I like the way the green plays so nicely with the purple.

Now a little masking, some flower making, embossing . . . 


It's kind of a hot mess, but so am I.
So I love it!

This cute little Smash pad from K&Company gave me the jumping off point for my title and journaling:


Some Washi tape . . . 


A whole slew of purple embellies - the more the merrier . . . 


A frame I made using some Spellbinders dies to highlight the photo . . . 


It was fun working with a single color.

What's your favorite color to work with? What's your least favorite?








12 comments:

  1. ooooh, totally fun!!!! Thanks for the shout-out! LOVE what you did with all your purple goodies...and that washi tape banner is fab!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome and thank you! I love your blog, it's very inspiring.

      Delete
  2. Your layout turned out so cute! I love purple and now that you mention it, I don't use it much in crafting either. Maybe I'll give it a shot. (I did use some last night in a card because it was in the color challenge.) Hope you have a lovely weekend!! ~hl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I plan on having a fabulous weekend, I hope you do, too.

      Delete
  3. Girl this is NOT a hot mess! It is adorable! I love the purple. My daughter LOVES purple, so a lot of purple in my future LOL I find that I used a lot of browns and tans...but I have never scrapped orange.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Thank you. Orange is one of my favorite colors to scrap with. You should give it a try - you'll be surprised how well it meshes with a lot of other colors!

      Delete
  4. You rock the purple Melissa! Coming from the probably only person in the world that doesn't like purple ;) I'm learning to embrace it though! I scrap with mostly blue I think. Great page, nothing hot mess about it, just hot!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ashley! Looking around, I'm finding I scrap mostly with brown. I'm not sure what that says about me!

      Delete
  5. Great idea and I will never look at purple the same again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I might actually hang up the purple for a while - I may have overdone it. ;)

      Delete
  6. wow...this is wonderful! Love all of your embellies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW, purple is one of my LEAST favorite colors (yeah, I'm one of THOSE who doesn't LIKE purple!) but this looks GORGEOUS with all the purple!!!!! beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your feedback! Your comments are truly appreciated.