Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Soft & Dreamy

Is love in the air? 
Because I can't seem to break out of these soft, romantic cards.
(If you know me, you know I don't do soft. Or romantic.)


The paper is from Webster's Pages - Hollywood Vogue & WonderFALL.

And it's gorgeous, isn't it?


The little type sticker and rub-on are from my stash, I thought they made a great sentiment.
Butterfly punch by Martha Stewart & Fleur De Lis Motifs by Spellniders.
The leaves are Petaloo.

Now let's talk about the flowers.


Spellbinders Shapeabilities : Spiral Blossoms One

I won't even pretend that these were easy to make. Or even fun, at first.

They did not want to do what my brain wanted them to do,
but after much rolling and folding and swearing I am very pleased with the results.

The larger flowers are actually the same size strip, the one on the right is just more tightly rolled.
New ink on that one - Pumice Stone Distress Ink. I think it's my new favorite.

I cut a strip in half to create the little bud and wrapped some hand cut paper leaves around it.

I highly recommend this die if you like a challenge.

I found a lot of reviews online saying it was *so easy*. 
Well, it is, after you figure out how it's done.
So, go get it.
You'll love it.
Eventually.





5 comments:

  1. girlfriend,this is so beautful and love the colors

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! love it and those swirl blossoms are just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful!! those flowers are gorgeus!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melissa, this is so very beautiful! Absolutely love your flowers!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is gorgeous!!!!!! you did FANTASTIC on the flowers!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your feedback! Your comments are truly appreciated.