Friday, November 2, 2012

Pink for Boys


Thank you for the all of the congrats and well wishes!
I can't wait to start sharing my interpretations of Sketches In Thyme's gorgeous sketches.

Yesterday I mentioned the Bubblegum pink Thickers that have been collecting dust. 
They just didn't work for me on that cute girly layout, so I used them on this one instead:



Pink for boys?! Sure. And butterflies and hearts, too!
Don't limit yourself when you scrap, there are NO RULES.

Well, there are some rules.
Like not bleeding on your paper.
Or rubbing your eyes after playing with glitter.

I used chalk ink with my beloved arrow template from The Crafter's Workshop.

The effect is so cool, it almost looks like spray paint.




I love my boys, and I love using up all these scraps!

15 comments:

  1. OMGoodness!!! I love everything about this layout!! Seriously! The hearts and arrows are so colorful and fun and putting them on the black really shows them off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely done! I LOVE the cluster of hearts. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving your lo- and that background rocks!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. VERY cute layout! I love the arrows!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww, very sweet! The arrows look awesome. That's a neat technique!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome layout Mel! That's chalk, wow looks great and the the bright colors are perfect for your pic, very nice my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. No bleeding on paper..I always thought that was a good way to show how much blood, sweat and tear go into a project =) j/k lovely layout!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great layout. I love the arrows all over.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those arrows against the dark paper--Spectacular!! Great effect!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Teehee, I love that you used these pink letters on this layout :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just gorgeous Melissa...looking forward to scrapping along side you at Sketches in Thyme xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the look of the chalk ink arrows. I need to try that!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your feedback! Your comments are truly appreciated.