Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Seriously FAB

Ready for another Gallery Inspired layout?
This time I got to lift from a friend.

If you've never tried to replicate a friend's work, I wouldn't recommend it.
Talk about intimidating!

Click Here to see Mad's gorgeous layout.

And here's my interpretation of it:

I've had a few people ask how I do those circles.
I didn't invent it, I've seen it around.
Most people use toilet paper or paper towel rolls.
I use the one from the aluminum foil because it's smaller and thicker:

You should try it, it's very fun.

*sigh* Hambly, you are missed.
Love these mini overlays:

Products Used:
Bazzill Basics Paper {Antique Micro Dot}
Hambly Screen Prints {Up Up & Away}
Webster's Pages {All About Me - My Story}
American Crafts Amy Tangerine {Come Together}
Jillibean Soup {Pasta Fagioli - Clove Fresh Garlic}
Simple Stories {Fabulous}
Hambly Screen Prints {Mini Overlays}
Pink Paislee {Porfolio Ephemera}
Simple Stories {Sn@p Studio 3x4 Snappy Sayings}
October Afternoon Mesh Tape {Witch Hazel}
American Crafts Dear Lizzy chipboard {Neapolitan}
Authentique {Delightful Details}
Mister Huey's Color Mists {Calico White}
Jillibean Soup Labels {Card Sentiments}
Echo Park Dots & Stripes Christmas {Alpha Stickers}

26 comments:

  1. Looks great! I see your inspiration from the original, but yours is unique... the perfect way to scraplift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. totally loving this layout!!! loving all the different papers!!! great job

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous layout, Melissa!
    I love how you used the roll to create the circles! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous layout! I love how you created your own background.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seriously FAB is right on the money!! AWESOME layout and beautiful photos!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooohhhhh love all the layered strips of paper and the circles! When I asked the question on how you made them, I was envisioning toilet paper rolls, but you used aluminum foil rolls - much classier!! LOL!
    And I left a reply at my blog, but also wanted to say it here: thanks so much for the compliments you left me; they really made my day!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. BTW - we are way too much alike! I blogged about scraplifting yesterday...Hahahahahaha!;0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea! I'll have to try that out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty!!!!!! I love all the added extras!!!! I didn't click on your friend's layout yet, but yours if pretty great!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. All the layered paper strips and the circles are wso fab together. Love the washi tape on this. I have a couple of rolls and have never used it!!! (Hangs head in shame)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this layout! So many amazing details!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great layout. I love how you stamped the circles. TFS. Laura. Www.whosthischick.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great painting technique!! Love all the layering and the bright colors. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. great lift! I love your cirlces.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The layout looks lovely! Thanks for the tube tip! x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi, Melissa!
    I'm a new team member on SIT and looking forward to creating with you.
    Your projects are very beautiful! Sorry for my English, I'm still learning.
    Have a great day!
    Surama

    ReplyDelete
  17. Loving those stamped circles and such great mix of paper too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your layout is lovely, great photos as well.
    I love how you made the circles. I keep saving the rolls from a roll of stamp but not sure what to do with them...this would work :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your version is completely lovely in its own right! Thanks for the circle technique tips!

    ReplyDelete
  20. GREAT job - lovely layout and take on your friend's work.
    I LOVE the circles.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Melissa... just dropping by to say hello and say congrats on SIT DT!!! As a long time DT member there, I'm thrilled to see your gorgeous work!! I soooooo love your Bright Eyes layout that you did for the DT call!!! I printed it out and i'm lifting it .... hope you don't mind... it's wonderful inspiration and I'm glad I stopped by cuz I see lot of wonderful inspiration here!! Looking forward to seeing lots more from you!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love those circles! This is awesome. So much fun colors and textures!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your feedback! Your comments are truly appreciated.