Friday, November 23, 2012

Sketches In Thyme #94

I hope each and every one of you had a fabulous Thanksgiving.
Well, if you celebrate U.S. Thanksgiving.
If you don't, I hope you had a fabulous day anyway!

Now let's get down to business...

A new sketch from Sketches In Thyme!


It's a 2-pager, but you're more than welcome to turn it into a single page like I did:

I really didn't do much here, I let the sketch and the paper do all of the talking.

The title is a fun mix of Echo Park alpha stickers,
an ancient sticker from EK Success, and a rub-on from Luxe Designs: 

I love this quote and have no idea who it's from.
It's part of a sheet of vellum stickers that my awesome Mom sent to me a long time ago.

The cute confetti was made with my EK Success swiss cheese edger punch:

 And one of my favorite tricks for turning a single photo into two,
cut it in half and mat both pieces:

I hope you'll use this sketch and share it with us over at Sketches In Thyme.
Don't forget to stop by to see the gorgeous creations from the rest of the Mavens!

Paper Used:
Jillibean Soup {Christmas Eve Chowder} Dried Green Onion
Jillibean Soup {Christmas Eve Chowder} Frozen Shrimp
Doodlebug Design {Petite Prints} Bon Bon Dot-Grid





12 comments:

  1. ooh- love your photo trick, going to have to try that sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great job, girl! i agree...that is an awesome picture idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great layout - I love that you turned a 2-pager into a single! I have never thought of doing that!!! Love the pics as well - fantastic how they line up!
    Jasmine
    alittledabofglue.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic! Like the photo trick you used!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your take on the sketch, the photo trick is awesome

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you did a great job on the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like how you merged this two page layout into one. I have seen one or the other side of the sketch used, but love how you actually used both on one page.
    Great layout.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cool! Love the photo trick!!! :) Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really love how you use older products and your page still looks fabulous. Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love how you cropped the photo like that. Looks good as a one pager I'd say..

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great page, Melissa! I adore all the playful patterns, and all those little circular elements add such fantastic movement! Yum!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your feedback! Your comments are truly appreciated.