Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Artful Times Challenge and a Sneak Peek

While perusing fellow blogger Heather Lynn's blog, I was introduced to a new challenge blog Artful Times.
(How many times can you say 'blog' in one sentence?)

I always like a good challenge and their first one is right up my alley - TAGS!

Without further ado, here's my tag:

I dressed up a pre-made tag with strips of paper from My Mind's Eye Miss Caroline {Fiddlesticks}
Added some washi tape, a rose using Spellbinders Spiral Blossoms One die,
leaves from the Foliage die and some pearls from Zva Creative.
The sticker is from Studio 112. (Don't pass up those dollar bins, folks. There's crafty gold in them!)
Oh, and there's some Glimmer Mist in there, too.

I punched the bottom using Martha Stewart's deco fan punch.

I attached that to another tag I cut with my Cricut and put some ribbon through the top to finish it off.


Here's a close up of the rose. Two little Prima flowers were tucked in to keep it company . . . 

This tag will be attached to a gift bag which contains a paper bag mini I made.
I can't share all of it until next week on the off chance that she might see it,
but here's a peek . . .

Go on over to Artful Times to submit a tag of your own!


                   

27 comments:

  1. I love, love, love this tag! That rose is beautiful! Hey can I use the spellbinder dies in a cuttlebug? You've got me wanting to try them ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you sure can! Be warned, they are very addictive!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful tag! What I love about the rose die is no two roses are the same...at least not for me! You did a lovely job and I cannot wait to see the rest of your sneak peak!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and I agree! It's so neat to see what other people do with the same supplies.

      Delete
  3. What a beautiful tag Melissa. So glad you came over from Heather's blog to join us on Artful Times for our first ever challenge. Hope you join us again some time. Love your rose.
    Hugs, Neet x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and I look forward to more challenges!

      Delete
  4. OHHH BEAUTIFUL tag, Melissa!! I love it and that flower! So glad you joined in at the Artful Times! My friend Neet (commented above) is sooo super sweet! Thanks for the shout out! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, HL! I owe you one for pointing me in their direction.

      Delete
  5. Hi Melissa, thank for joining in with us over at Artful Times this week with your fabulous tag. I just love that flower it's gorgeous.

    Hope to see you over there again soon.

    Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous!!! :) I just love your style! So different than my own. I'm in awe of all the little touches you put into your embellishments! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How boring would the world be if we all made the same stuff? Thank you, my friend!

      Delete
  7. So nice to have you joining us at Artful Times with your gorgeous tag the flower is stunning and I;m sure it will look the bees knees on the gift bag :)
    Von x☺x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning! There's so much to love about this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous Tag! I love the softness of it and all that texture!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute tag! I can't wait to see the mini!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful tag- love the flower and the punching

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful and yellow is such a happy color....

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful...what wonderful details!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am always amazed at the crafty talent that is out there. I learn something new everyday, and just need more time and energy to 'play'. This is a beautiful tag. Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  15. gorrrrrrrrrrrgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Psttttttttttttttttt if you didn't hear me the first time, Sugar Creek Hollow is having a DT call,,,,,,APPLY!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love tags and this is AWESOME - I absolutely love your rose too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your feedback! Your comments are truly appreciated.