Monday, April 16, 2012

Baby Boy Super Mini

I love paper bag mini albums!
Do you love them, too?

They're hands down the most fun thing I've made in a long time.

For this one I used the teeny tiny bags from Michael's - they measure 3 1/2 inches by 6 inches.
I actually cut the bag down even further - I think to about 5 inches.

Perfect size to celebrate a new baby!


You may recognize the tag I made for the Artful Times challenge.
I attached it to a kraft gift bag to hold the mini.

I used the Fiddlesticks collection from My Mind's Eye, yellow cardstock, 
and a couple stickers from Heidi Swapp.
I dusted off my Cricut for part of the title and some baby-themed die cuts.





The tags are a combination of premade tags, Nestie and Cricut die cuts. 
There is room for journaling on one side and a photo on the other.



And here it is all tucked in its little bag . . .


If you've never made one before you really need to try it.

There are tutorials all over youtube -
you can follow them to a T, or just watch a few and wing it (like I did).





12 comments:

  1. SOOOOOO cute!!!! :) That would make a wonderful baby shower gift! Super cute!!! Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous Mel, remind me to never do a swap with you, I could never measure up....beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melissa, this is just perfect! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That turned out beautiful, Melissa! I have not tried one, but LOVE mini's! Thank you for sharing and for the inspiration! Your tag looks gorgeous on the front! LOVE IT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic!!!

    -amanda d.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Melissa, just gorgeous! I just bought those tiny bags in black, white and kraft and had been wondering what to do with them. Thought a paper bag album would be too small but not anymore. What a great swap this would be! What are you doing with the mini?

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH wow! I totally love this! Would love to have one for my little one due in May! Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so darling! I have yet to do a paper bag album...but, you may have given me the push I needed!
    Jasmine

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW!! That bag is gorgeous and your mini is sooo cute!! This is an awesome project, love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. GIRL!!! You did an AWESOME job on this! It is so fun....just fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh my goodness!!!! So fantastically adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful! Love the mini and bag, gorgeous tag and handmade flower!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your feedback! Your comments are truly appreciated.