Monday, April 30, 2012

Rain, Rain, Go AWAY

I know that rain is good for the Earth,
but it's not so good for my mental state.

I had a hard time getting into a crafty groove this weekend,
which stunk since we couldn't do anything outside.

I was able to make this cute card.

My friend Angie sent me these card blanks as a thank you RAK.
Thank you, Angie!!

As soon as I saw it I knew it needed a charm!


The charm is from my stash - I think it's Making Memories.
I have a whole new respect for my jewelry making friends - those jump rings gave me anxiety.


Some washi tape, paper from Pink Paislee, and a Heidi Grace sticker complete the front.


I used the same paper to line the inside.


My apologies for the quality of the photos - 
that's what happens when the sun is hiding.

It looks like we may get a break from the rain tomorrow,
keep your fingers crossed for me!

What's the weather like where you live?






10 comments:

  1. beautiful card! here, it's raining too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card! I love the charm dangling in the cutout. Jump rings have given me fits before as well... totally understand!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, love the charm! Gonna be 66* today, sunny and beautiful!
    (Don't hate me...you DO live in the "Sunshine State"....it will be back!!! )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card, love that charm, so cute! :) The sun is trying to peep through the clouds, we got rain this morning too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. pretty card, Melissa! (as usual!) it rained here (Cleveland area) earlier but clearing up now! good luck for a nice day where you live tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. send that rain my way! I just spent over an hour watering my plants! But, I hear ya' when it rains a lot it can get to be a bummer. Love your card - you made me giggle about the jump rings, but that charm is perfection in there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Melissa, love the card & I know what you mean about jewelry making. Its the one craft that intimidates me, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful cards, love your charms! It's raining here too but we need it to fill our water tank lol we rely on it for water!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow! Love that card, and the charm is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card...and yes I wish for warmer and less wet weather here too ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your feedback! Your comments are truly appreciated.