Thursday, April 19, 2012

Taco Meatloaf Muffins?!


I realize it's a little bizarre seeing recipes on a crafty blog,
but these turned out too good not to share.

Meatloaf. You either love it or you hate it.
My daughter HATES it.
Which stinks because the rest of us LOVE it.

So I played around and came up with something that she not only ate, she devoured.

Taco Meatloaf Muffins!


Why muffins? 
Because everyone knows that the end pieces of meatloaf are the best.
This way you get 12 end pieces!

Here's what you need:
1 lb ground turkey
1 egg
1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
1/2 packet taco seasoning
1 cup shredded cheese
some extra cheese for topping
taco sauce

And here's what you do:
Mix the first 5 ingredients in a bowl.
Distribute evenly into your muffin pan, making a little well in the tops to hold your sauce.
Fill the well with approximately a tablespoon of taco sauce.



Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 25 minutes.
(Check the internal temperature to make sure they're cooked through.)
Top each muffin with shredded cheese and pop them back in the oven for about 5 minutes.


Aren't they cute? And so yummy!
Cheap, quick, easy, and the perfect portion size for little ones.
Serve with your favorite taco toppings.

Do you have a favorite meatloaf recipe? I'd love to hear it.


7 comments:

  1. Oh man, those look delicious! I {heart} meatloaf, and tacos, so these are going to be doubly wonderful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will have to give these a whirl! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melissa those look tasty!!! Thanks for this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow cousin! Those look great! I can't wait to try this out!!! Any other yummy recipes you have hidden up your sleep just PM them to me on FB!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I make Mexican meatloaf....

    *Keep in mind I cook for a small army...and I dont ever really use recipes, I wing it!*

    4-5lbs of meat, deer, beef, turkey etc...
    1 lb cheddar cheese
    1/2c milk
    1 jar salsa-any heat
    1 lrg onion, diced
    diced jalepenos
    large bag of cornbread stuffing
    3-4 eggs
    salt/pepper/garlic salt/cayenne pepper/cumin to taste

    Mix meat, eggs, bread crumbs, milk, salsa, half of the cheese, onions, jalepenos and spices til mixture 'holds together' in loaf form

    Press into loaf pan only half full, make a 'trough' in meat and put remainder of cheese in trough, top off loaf pan with rest of mixture....

    Bake 350* for 45 min or til golden brown, I serve with Spanish rice and re-fried beans topped with cooked beef mixture. When you serve this, the inside will ooze gooey cheese...yum.

    Makes about 3-4 pans.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks and sounds delish! thanks for sharing, Melissa! :) i love to cook and bake as well!

    to answer your question on my blog, yes, I did use a punch for the border strip..it was on clearance at Michael's for like 2 bucks..it was American Girl brand. (EK Success)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun recipe. I too 'hate' meatloaf, so I'm in your daughter's corner.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your feedback! Your comments are truly appreciated.