Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Inspired by Pinterest

I've set a goal for myself to actually attempt some of those amazing projects I have pinned.

My most recent find was a doily made with a corner punch.


Isn't it gorgeous? I found it here. {Go there for the tutorial.}

I used my Cricut to cut a 5" circle and then went to town with my Martha Stewart deco fan punch.

I didn't think to snap a picture of it before I started assembling my card,
but here it is on the finished project . . .


It worked and it's FABULOUS!!

It just so happens that Sugar Creek Hollow is having a challenge this week
to create a vintage, shabby chic, or primitive card using die cuts or punches.

You know I was all over that! Here is a close up of the layers . . .


I used two dies from the Spellbinders Shapeabilities Blossom Tags & Accents set on top of my doily.

I printed the sentiment and cut it out with a circle punch.

I also used Spellbinders Shapeabilities Butterflies and a Martha Stewart butterfly punch.
A spray of pearls, ribbon, and a simple rolled flower finish it off . . .


*Click here* to see the rest of the entries at Sugar Creek Hollow.
Be sure to check out the amazing inspiration from the design team!






12 comments:

  1. Really, really beautiful Mel, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just saw something like this on YT! It beats paying $35 and up on a punch that does something similar! Your card is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Melissa, your card is just beautiful & the doily turned out great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, that is fantastic!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeousness! Yes, it's a word. I made it up! :) Awesome job!!! I'm curious how it's done, I'll have to check out that tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Melissa, I love your card its just lovely. You are a very talented lady. I'm glad you stopped by my blog and you can use my free graphics. I'm a new follower and have a great weekend. By the way cute blog I love it. Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Melissa,
    Thank you for linking back to my blog for the tutorial on how to use punches for doilies. You did a super job and I love how your card turned out! Happy crafting, Beverly

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it - and thanks for the links! Can't wait to try it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful card. I love your punched work and all the dimension you created. Thanks for joining us at Sugar Creek Hollow.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  10. This turned out fabulously! I must try this!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your feedback! Your comments are truly appreciated.